The Service Cloud is the First Product to be KCS Verified (Version 5)
The Service Cloud team is thrilled to announce that we’re the first product to achieve the highest level of KCS Verification - Version 5 - by the Consortium for Service Innovation. Knowledge-Centered Support (KCS) is the industry standard for managing your Knowledge Base.
This new verification is extremely important to us because we truly believe the methodology will change the way companies do customer service for the better. Here’s a few reasons why:
- Company culture: Our professional Services is the first organization to be trained to help our customers in implementing the KCS Version 5. We have the largest contingent of KCS Certified employees in the world, proving it's not just a small product group that believes in the methodology. Check it out yourself: Directory of KCS Certified individuals.
- We eat our own dog food: Our support agents adhere to the methodology, so that our customers receive the best possible service.
- Knowledge is inherent to superior customer service: We built and continue to develop the product with the KCS methodology in mind.
By now, you’re probably wondering what’s in it for you and your service organization. The answer is: a lot. The methodology empowers the people that are most important to your internal support center: your agents.
- Empowerment: your agents can actually contribute and update content in the Knowledge articles they’re sharing with customers - rather than just delivering it.
- Recognition: in the old world of customer service, agents were recognized by number of cases closed and their productivity, but now they’re also recognized by the content they contribute to Knowledge Base.
- Knowledge sharing: Your agents are on the front line with your customer’s support issues - now you can transform them from a team of information messengers to a team of content providers.
What does all this mean? All the traditional customer service metrics that VPs of Service care about - such as Customer Satisfaction rates, agent productivity, and first-call resolution - are immediately improved.
If you’d like to learn more:
- Watch the Dreamforce 2012 presentation featuring Greg Oxton from Consortium of Service Innovation presenting what is KCS and Catherine Gabrieli, PTC exposing there KCS journey with Salesforce Knowledge: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PB1QuVSJTV4
- Learn more about the methodology: http://www.thekcsacademy.net/
- How to implement KCS with Salesforce Knowledge: http://bit.ly/Vmdp6f